- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God – both Old and New Testaments – infallible and authoritative, inspired by and to be interpreted by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that there is only one God – the creator of all things, revealed in three separate equal, co-existent, eternal persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, yet not three Gods. One God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is divine, His virgin birth combining perfect Godhead and perfect manhood. We believe in His sinlessness, His redemptive work of atonement on the cross, His bodily resurrection and ascension into Heaven, His present mediatory ministry on behalf of His people and His eventual return in glory.
- We believe that man is basically a sinful being, having a depraved and fallen nature, unable by any means to redeem himself.
- We believe that God desires to save all men, and the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross was to reconcile sinful man to a Holy God through His blood, and His resurrection was for our justification. It is necessary for every man to receive this Salvation, which is a gift from God, and is obtained entirely by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, being preceded by repentance and followed by justification and sanctification, known as regeneration or the new birth.
- We believe that the work of the Holy Spirit is essential to the new birth, indwelling the believer, imputing righteousness into him, imparting the life of Christ, and is necessary to equip the believer for worship, service and understanding spiritual matters.
- We believe in the pre-tribulational rapture of the Church and the pre-millennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ to establish His kingdom upon earth. We believe the dead will be raised and the world judged, with eternal bliss for the redeemed and everlasting punishment for the unrepentant.
- We believe that the Church, which is the body of Christ, is one, consisting of all persons who have been ‘born again’ regardless of denomination, and consisting exclusively of the redeemed – those who know the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Saviour, saved by the grace of God through faith.
- We believe that there are only two sacraments in the Church; believer’s baptism as constituting an outward expression of an inward change, and not imparting saving grace, and the Lord’s supper as instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ for remembrance and not in any way as a sacrifice for sin or involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
- We believe that the Word of God is the supreme authority in the government of the Church under which, authority is given to pastors, teachers, evangelists, elders and deacons whose appointment, function and ministry is to be exercised in accordance with the same Word of God.
Summer KidZone is starting on 22nd July for two weeks and is aimed at 4 – 11yr olds. It is a fun time for children to find out about Father God as Creator and Maker. Activities include drama, singing, crafts, making snacks, doing experiments, trips and bouncy castle etc.
Our outdoor area now has a marquee in place for the summer should it rain on any of the days’ thanks to YorkshireMarqueeHire.co.uk. The times are 8:30 Registration until 3:30 pick-up. Lunchtime is 12-1pm and a packed lunch is required.
Cost is £17 per day.