FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a category for a list of questions, then click on a question to review answer.
- How do I apply for a grant?
- Do I have to apply online?
- How much can I apply for?
Under themes 1 and 2 grants between £10,000 and £20,000 will be awarded. For theme three grants over £20,000 will be awarded.
- When is the next application deadline?
Please click here to find out application deadlines and Committee meeting dates.
- How long will it take to hear back from the CCF once I have submitted my application?
The CCF endeavours to contact applicants within two weeks of receipt of their application. Applicants will be notified if; there are items missing from their application, an application is complete and ready for review at the next Committee meeting or an applicant is ineligible to apply due to failing to meet specific criteria.
- Do you support projects based in the whole of the UK or other countries apart from England?
No, the CCF can only support projects that are based in England (unless you are applying from a chaplaincy within the Diocese in Europe) due to the funding stream being historically derived from donations made by members of the Church of England.
- Does the CCF accept applications from other churches or organisations that are not Church of England/Anglican?
The CCF can only accept applications for funding if the applying organisation has sufficiently strong Anglican (Church of England) links on the ground. Examples of strong links are co-managing a project with an Anglican church, Trustees of an organisation are members of the Church of England or an Anglican church is a principle funding partner to the project. The CCF encourages ecumenical cooperation on community projects and are happy to receive applications that involve the Church of England working in partnership with other denominations.
- My project was rejected by the CCF last time I applied, can I apply again?
The CCF does not allow repeat applications until two years after the original application decision date. I.e. if your application was unsuccessful on the 16th June 2011 (Q2 2011) then you could not apply again until the submission period before the Q3 2013 Committee meeting.
- I have already been awarded a grant from the CCF may I apply again to get another grant?
Previous applicants must wait two years before reapplying to the CCF. Applicants may apply for a follow up grant for the same project, however the Committee prioritises applications from new projects. No preference is given to previous applicants.
- I have been successful in obtaining a grant from the CCF, but how do I get hold of the money?
Please click here to find out information for grant holders.